Fuengirola's Old Town Art & History
History, art and tourist sites
Spend an hour walking around the old town. We’ll see a selection of the open air art, historic buildings and some unnoticed history. If you’re new to Fuengirola, this is a nice introduction to the old town where you’ll see and discover things you didn’t know were here.
What You’ll See
Get to know the Fuengirola old town with 60 minutes of art and history. See sculptures by Fernando Gómez Lobato, Andrés López Yebra and Luis Reyes Rico, along with three of the murals from the Outdoor Museum set, an unnoticed historical marker and much more.
Arrive early if you can, grab yourself a coffee in one of the many cafes surrounding the square and enjoy a spot of people watching before the tour begins.
- The history of Constitution Square, the church and the sculpture,
- Show you three of the murals from the Open Museum set,
- Learn about the Brotherhoods,
- Tell you why there’s a bust of Luis Braille in Fuengirola,
- Give you the history of Salon Varietés,
- Go for a stroll down fish alley and its surrounds,
- See the Mediterránea sculpture.
Tour Dates and Times
May to October.
Date and time TBC
At the front of the church in the Plaza de la Constitución, 29640 Fuengirola.
- English commentary from your guide.
- Food and drinks.
There are 12 stops with 14 sights on this tour:
- Plaza de la Constitución
- Monument to the Family’ s Constitutional Rights
- Parroquia de Nuestra Señora del Rosario
- Module 483 mural
- Night and Day mural
- Eriana mural
- Bust of Luis Braille
- Brotherhood of the Passion (outside only)
- Teatro Salon Varietés (outside only)
- Walk down fish alley
- Wheelchair friendly.
- This tour will have a maximum of 8 customers.
- No children under 13. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Service animals allowed.
- You must be prepared to wear a mask and to social distance as much as is practical to participate in this tour. See our Covid-19 page for our conditions.
- Your normal summer protection; hat, sunscreen, water etc,
- A camera or picture taking apparatus if you’re that way inclined.
The tour has no inclines and is on pavements.
Nothing more than the usual hazards of walking around town.
- This tour is occasionally cancelled due to extreme weather. If it is, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires at least 4 customers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum number isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund.
- If you cannot attend the tour, you can get a full refund if you contact us at least 24 hours before the tour starts.
- If you would prefer to reschedule, you can do that via the Eventbrite website.
Your payments are safe
We use Eventbrite to manage our ticket sales, so your payment is safe and secure.