Castle Sohail & Surrounds
The castle, interesting parks, art and one usually overlooked historic relic
Come for a stroll around the castle and its environs, we’ll look at 3 parks, admire the view from the castle, see a couple of pieces of modern art and generally enjoy the scenery. Bring your camera as there’s lots to get snap-happy with.
What You’ll See
Great views from the Castle, a couple of the best parks in Fuengirola, sculptures by José María Córdoba and Rosario García Arraiza plus José Gómez Guerrero’s fairy tale character statues.
- Great views from the Castle,
- Wishing you were a child again so you could play in the pirate ship,
- Trying to get the perfect picture of the Monument to Humanity,
- José Gómez Guerrero’s fairytale statues in Fantasy Park.
Tour Dates and Times
May to October.
Date and time TBC
Meet on the Fuengirola side of the Navy Bridge (Rio Fuengirola Pedestrian Bridge).
Calle Río, Fuengirola, 29651 Fuengirola.
- English commentary from your guide.
- Food and drinks.
There are 9 stops on this tour:
- Puente de la Armada (Navy Bridge),
- Boats that aren’t what you think,
- Sohail Castle,
- The pirate ship park,
- Kilometre marker 215 ,
- Rose of the Winds,
- Fuengirola Central Mosque (outside only),
- Monument to Humanity,
- Fantasy Park.
- This tour will have a maximum of 8 customers.
- The full tour is not wheelchair friendly due to the steps down the front of the castle. If you’d still like to join the tour, you can return on the path we went up to the castle and meet us back by the bridge. Contact us so we can make sure we can allow extra time to collect you.
- If you want to wander around the castle, there’s a free audio guide app called Fuengirola Archaeological Audioguides available from Google Play and Apple stores. So aim to have the guide loaded on your phone before you arrive if you’re interested in using it.
- It’s also handy if you’re going on the Los Boliches Sculpture & History tour to see the Finca Del Secretario ruins.
- No children under 13. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Service animals allowed.
- You must be prepared to wear a mask and to social distance as much as is practical to participate in this tour. See our Covid-19 page for our conditions.
- Your normal summer protection; hat, sunscreen, water etc,
- A camera or picture taking apparatus if you’re that way inclined.
- Shoes capable of walking up the hill to the castle. It could be done in heels but why would you?
The tour distance is approximately 2.2km, with around 35 minutes walking time.
There’s the walk up the hill to the castle and then there’s negotiating the path down the front of the castle which is steep with very wide steps.
The path down from the castle is steep. The path has deep steps but no handrail.
- This tour is occasionally cancelled due to extreme weather. If it is, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires at least 4 customers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum number isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund.
- If you cannot attend the tour, you can get a full refund if you contact us at least 24 hours before the tour starts.
- If you would prefer to reschedule, you can do that via the Eventbrite website.
Your payments are safe
We use Eventbrite to manage our ticket sales, so your payment is safe and secure.