Early Morning Photography Walk
See the sunrise and get some pics without all the people
While the rest of the town sleeps the sleep of the innocent (or the drunk) our intrepid band will be out taking pictures at sunrise. This tour is not just for the photo buffs, everyone is welcome to come along for the walk and see Fuengirola in a fresh light (bad pun I know).
The tour takes around 2 1/2 hrs and after the sunrise on the breakwater, we’ll visit another 7 sites.
This tour will take you around areas you’ve probably never been and best of all, there’ll be very few people to get in the way. Some sites are more challenging than others to get the perfect, or even interesting, picture so be ready to compose!
What You’ll Experience
We’ll meet 15 minutes before sunrise on the seafront at the entrance to the breakwater, then walk out to the breakwater together.
After admiring the dawn and photographing the city and coast from the breakwater, we’ll spend around 2 hours walking to various sites around the city and fairground that are usually too busy with people to properly appreciate.
At each stop you’ll have 5 minutes to compose and take your pictures and then we’ll move on. No pressure then!
- Watch dawn break over the sea and land,
- Admire sculptures by José Gómez Guerrero and Rosario García Arraiza,
- Explore the Plaza de la Hispanidad,
- Wander the fairground,
- Be surprised at historic oddities along the way that are hidden in plain sight.
Tour Dates and Times
May to October.
Every second and fourth Sunday at 15 minutes before sunrise.
By the restaurants at the entrance to the breakwater.
51 Paseo Marítimo Rey de España, 29640 Fuengirola.
- Live commentary from your guide.
- Food and drinks.
There are 8 stops on this tour:
- Espigon (the breakwater),
- A Shell hidden in plain sight,
- Pareja a la Grupa statue,
- Feria sculptures,
- Pyramid roundabout,
- Plaza de la Hispanidad,
- Caballos de Agua fountain,
- Kilometre marker 217.
- Wheelchair friendly.
- This tour will have a maximum of 8 participants.
- No children under 13. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Service animals allowed.
- You must be prepared to wear a mask and to social distance as much as is practical to participate in this tour. See our Covid-19 page for our conditions.
- Your normal summer protection; hat, sunscreen, water etc,
- A camera or picture taking apparatus if you’re that way inclined.
The tour is on pavements but it does has a slightly steep uphill for around 5 minutes and there’s one set of stairs with a ramp.
Nothing more than the usual hazards of walking around the town.
- This tour is occasionally cancelled due to extreme weather or overcast conditions forecast for sunrise. If it is, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires at least 4 customers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum number isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund.
- If you cannot attend the tour, you can get a full refund if you contact us at least 24 hours before the tour starts.
- If you would prefer to reschedule, you can do that via the Eventbrite website.
Your payments are safe
We use Eventbrite to manage our ticket sales, so your payment is safe and secure.