Fuengirola's Plazas & Parks
Murals, history, a brotherhood and tourist sites
A 90 minute guided walk where we look at a selection of Fuengirola’s plazas and parks. There’s open air art gallery murals, sculpture and some the mostly unnoticed history of Fuengirola. Let us give you an overview of a part of town you may not usually go to.
What You’ll See
Three plazas, three parks, the bullring art, two screen murals from the Outside Museum set and learn about one of the Fuengirola Brotherhoods.
- See Pablo Zalduondo’s Force sculpture,
- Admire a multitude of murals,
- Wander and ponder the Rainbow Forest,
- See the bullring ceramics and the tribute to Fuengirola’s greatest bullfighter,
- Discover Pablo Picasso’s link to the Costa del Sol,
- See one of the parks on the beach.
Tour Dates and Times
May to October.
Date and time TBC
Plaza Reyes Católicos (aka Plaza Ayuntamiento), 29640 Fuengirola.
- English commentary from your guide.
- Food and drinks.
There are 11 stops with 13 sights on this tour:
- Monument to the Catholic Kings,
- Screens mural,
- The Fisherman’s Greeting mural,
- Parque del Sol & the Rainbow Forest,
- Hermandad del Yacentre, (outside only)
- Bullring murals and bullfighter statue,
- Parroquia de Nuetra Senora del Carmen, (outside only)
- Bust of Dr. Garcia Verdugo,
- Force sculpture,
- Picasso Plaza,
- Parque de la Vida.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions we can’t go into to the Town Hall lobby to view the Encounters sculpture, so it is currently excluded from the tour.
- Wheelchair friendly.
- This tour will have a maximum of 8 customers.
- No children under 13. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Service animals allowed.
- You must be prepared to wear a mask and to social distance as much as is practical to participate in this tour. See our Covid-19 page for our conditions.
- Your normal summer protection; hat, sunscreen, water etc,
- A camera or picture taking apparatus if you’re that way inclined.
The tour distance is approximately 2.2km, with around 35 minutes walking time.
The tour has no inclines and is on pavements.
Nothing more than the usual hazards of walking around town.
- This tour is occasionally cancelled due to extreme weather. If it is, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- The tour requires at least 4 customers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum number isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund.
- If you cannot attend the tour, you can get a full refund if you contact us at least 24 hours before the tour starts.
- If you would prefer to reschedule, you can do that via the Eventbrite website.
Your payments are safe
We use Eventbrite to manage our ticket sales, so your payment is safe and secure.