Los Boliches Art & History
Mosaics, sculpture, a church, oddities and a living legend
Spend an hour with us as we explore the Fuengirola side of Los Boliches.
Bring your camera and enjoy a mid-morning stroll around the sights of Los Boliches and enjoy some open air art and a bit of history. On our travels we’ll stop at art you’ve probably not even noticed and I’ll show you some hidden gems.
What You’ll See
We’ll see sculptures, ceramics, churches and hear about the local brotherhood and the fishing village history of Los Boliches.
- Sculptures by José Gómez Guerrero and Andrés López Yebra,
- Rosario García Arraiza & Francisco Pérez Martín statue collaboration,
- See the ceramic murals from the Martinez Ubero Ceramics Workshop and find out who is believed to have painted them,
- Thrill as you gaze at the mouth of the Arroyo Real,
- Appreciate the charm of the Plaza del Carmen,
- Be amazed when shown some of the hidden oddities,
- Be surprised at the chapel hidden in plain sight.
Tour Dates and Times
May to October.
Date and time TBC
On the seafront, across the road from the Hotel Yaramar.
64 Paseo Marítimo Rey de España, 29640 Fuengirola.
- Live commentary from your guide.
- Food and drinks.
There are 9 stops and 11 sights on this tour:
- Tribute To The Tourist statue,
- Monument To The Peseta,
- Plaza del Carmen:
- Homage to Los Boliches Fishermen sculpture,
- Parish Church Of The Virgin Of Carmen. The first church in Los Boliches. (outside only)
- Ceramic wall murals from the Martinez Ubero Ceramics Workshop,
- Sardinal sculpture,
- The ceramics on the walls of the Hermandad Sacramental y Cofradía Nazarenos Jesús Cautivo Brotherhood.
- The mouth of the Arroyo Real,
- Our Lady Of Fatima chapel,
- Our Lady Of Carmen statue,
- And finally, a canon.
- Wheelchair friendly. However, there is a ramp/flight of stairs we go down.
- This tour will have a maximum of 8 customers.
- No children under 13. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Service animals allowed.
- You must be prepared to wear a mask and to social distance as much as is practical to participate in this tour. See our Covid-19 page for our conditions.
- Your normal summer protection; hat, sunscreen, water etc,
- A camera or picture taking apparatus if you’re that way inclined.
The tour is on pavements. However, there is a ramp/flight of stairs that we go down.
There’s around 20 minutes of walking between the sights, the rest is standing and looking.
Nothing more than the usual hazards of walking around Los Boliches.
- This tour is occasionally cancelled due to extreme weather. If it is, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires at least 4 customers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum number isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund.
- If you cannot attend the tour, you can get a full refund if you contact us at least 24 hours before the tour starts.
- If you would prefer to reschedule, you can do that via the Eventbrite website.
Your payments are safe
We use Eventbrite to manage our ticket sales, so your payment is safe and secure.