Los Boliches Sculpture & History
Roman Ruins, Sculpture and Environmental Good Works
A 90 minute walk where we’ll explore the sculptures and historical sites of the Torreblanca end of Los Boliches. There’s the hidden park that isn’t, Roman ruins and remains plus sculptures by 3 different artists. Who could ask for more?
What You’ll See
Roman ruins, statues, clever art, a park and a wander through the local market.
- Roman ruins, who doesn’t like a Roman ruin, particularly when it’s compact?
- Thrill as you see the mouth of the Arroyo de Pajares, the washed away bridge and the hidden park,
- Be amazed by the stamina of Jose Millan Jimenez,
- Admire artworks from Rosario García Arraiza, José Gómez Guerrero and Andrés López Yebra,
- Wander around the remains of a Roman villa and see the Roman temple facade,
- Be impressed by the cleverness of the Seat 600 roundabout art,
- Nod approvingly as you hear the story behind the Park of Life,
- Have your picture taken beside your country’s flag.
There’s lots of up close photo opportunities here, so bring your camera.
Tour Dates and Times
May to October.
Date and time TBC
Los Boliches Railway Station at the street level entrance.
34 Calle Salinas, Fuengirola, 29640
- Live commentary from your guide.
- Food and drinks.
There are 11 stops on this tour:
- Arroyo de Pajares, the disappeared bridge that isn’t and the hidden park that isn’t,
- Roman Ruins: Finca Del Secretario,
- Seat 600 sculpture,
- Rotary sculpture,
- Children at the Beach sculpture,
- Parque de La Vida,
- Fuente de Las Naciones,
- Roman Temple Façade,
- The Carrerista, the bust of Jose Millan Jimenez,
- The Monument to Terrorism sculpture,
- Los Boliches Market Mural, Fishermen and the Virgen del Carmen.
- Wheelchair & stroller friendly. However the Finca Del Secretario has both paved and gravel paths.
- The tour starts and ends near public transport.
- This tour will have a maximum of 8 customers.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Service animals allowed.
- You must be prepared to wear a mask and to social distance as much as is practical to participate in this tour. See our Covid-19 page for our conditions.
- Your normal summer protection; hat, sunscreen, water etc,
- A camera or picture taking apparatus if you’re that way inclined.
The tour distance is 1.7km (excluding walking around the Roman ruins), there’s approximately 25 minutes of walking time.
The walk is mainly flat (there is a slight incline around the Roman ruins) and the tour is on pavements.
The Roman ruins has some paved walkways and some gravel paths.
The normal hazards you encounter when walking around town.
- This tour is occasionally cancelled due to extreme weather. If it is, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires at least 4 customers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum number isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund.
- If you cannot attend the tour, you can get a full refund if you contact us at least 24 hours before the tour starts.
- If you would prefer to reschedule, you can do that via the Eventbrite website.
Your payments are safe
We use Eventbrite to manage our ticket sales, so your payment is safe and secure.